Anniv coutdown

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Noah's Birthday

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Spiritually Empty

Since I'm at work and unable to upload pictures, I decided to post this little blog entry.
As most of you, I too have some resolutions for the new year
1. sell my house
2. become more organized
3. cook more
4. Slow to anger and speech and quick to listen (which will only happen if I do more of number 5)
5. Learn a new passage of scripture every week. 
This last one is what I am focusing on here. Being the wife of a husband in ministry is more trying than I every thought. I never imagined the spiritual warfare or how emotionally empty it could make Brandon. We have learned so much about ourselves and our marriage over the past two years.
It is my hope in the new year to become a prayer & scripture warrior for him. I am learning that I can not wait on him to lead and teach me something new everyday. That we are all sinners and when you are always giving out spiritually and not taking in, eventually that tank is going to get empty! I feel like that is the place we are in now. Feeling like God is more of a job right now and the passion Brandon once had is being lost behind the day to day.
My hope for the new year is that I can become a light to my husband, reminding him of the passion and AMAZING ability he has to go people just as they are and reach him with God's word. If any of you have heard him speak or know him personally you know what I'm talking about. His ability to just lay the gospel out to anyone from a rich suburbanite to the homeless guy downtown, to the Muslim kids he works with daily....You know it has to be a God given talent.
So that is where I am, I hope you pray for us as the new year starts. That I could become that prayer warrior he needs and that Brandon can again have that closeness to God that made him seek out a life in ministry.
That being said here is my 1st passage to learn. I read it yesterday on the Desiring God blog. I think it is very appropriate for me. Someone who can be quick to anger at times.

This weeks passage is from 2 Timothy 2:22-26
So flee youthful passions and pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace, along with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart. 23 Have nothing to do with foolish, ignorant controversies; you know that they breed quarrels. 24 And the Lord's servant must not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil, 25 correcting his opponents with gentleness. God may perhaps grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth, 26 and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, after being captured by him to do his will.

I will be posting a new passage I'm learning every week. Feel free to follow along, and put on the words of God as a suit of armor.
GOD BLESS YOU ALL AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment